Question for Non-English Rhino version users

Hi All,

I don’t have access to non-English Rhino version but wanted to quickly test something.

When you run a command with " _ " before, to force English version, does it continue in English until the command is over, or each step needs to have “_” before the options is chosen?

For example, if you run _-Options what do you see next in the command line?
Do you get all the options in English, or localized?

I am looking for macro-ing the
-_Options _Mouse _SelectionAndMiddleButton _MiddleButtonViewManipulation
macro to make sure I can switch and read the current state. The only way I know of how to read it for now is via parsing the command-line feedback and see if it is set to Yes or No.

If anyone can test it out and share the result I would appreciate it!

thanks,

–jarek

After typing commands started with “_” and hitting enter the localized versions of commands appear, at least for czech localized Rhino.
screen_rhino

Thanks for the info!
So from there, when you type _Mouse, still Czech, right?

would you mind typing the whole set of commands from the main post and show what the command line shows after you switch the MMB view manipulation ?

I pasted this command" -_Options _Mouse _SelectionAndMiddleButton _MiddleButtonViewManipulation"
The command history (F2) is below, command delete can be neglected - I used it just for separation from other commands.
The paste command appeared after inserting your command posted above. It seems all commands are localized. I highlighted beginning of all 4 options.

Příkaz: _Delete
Příkaz: _Paste
Příkaz: -_Options
Vyberte volbu Rina ( Pohled Vzhled Soubory Obecné Myš Aliasy ModelovacíPomůcky KontextovéMenu VýběrovéMenu Rozšířené ZásuvnéModuly Licence RhinoScript Bubble NečinnýProcesor VolbyRenderuRhina Knihovny Výstrahy Cycles Palety AktualizaceAStatistiky ): _Mouse
Vyberte volbu myši ( VýběrAProstředníTlačítko KliknutíATažení PravéTlačítko ): _SelectionAndMiddleButton
Vyberte volbu ( MetodaVýběruOknem=Kombinace ProstředníTlačítko=Paleta Paleta Makro OvládáníPohleduProstřednímTlačítkem=Ano OtáčeníSamotnýmProstřednímTlačítkem=Ne ProstředníTlačítkoZaměňujeShiftACtrl=Ne PovolitVýběrPodobjektůOknem=Ano ZobrazitŘídicíodyPřiVýběruObjektů=Ano BodyAutomtickyZapnout=Ano KlikatelnýŘídicíPolygon=Ne ): _MiddleButtonViewManipulation
Vyberte volbu ( MetodaVýběruOknem=Kombinace ProstředníTlačítko=Paleta Paleta Makro OvládáníPohleduProstřednímTlačítkem=Ne OtáčeníSamotnýmProstřednímTlačítkem=Ne ProstředníTlačítkoZaměňujeShiftACtrl=Ne PovolitVýběrPodobjektůOknem=Ano ZobrazitŘídicíodyPřiVýběruObjektů=Ano BodyAutomtickyZapnout=Ano KlikatelnýŘídicíPolygon=Ne )
Příkaz: _CommandHistory

Thanks @Nosorozec, much appreciated!
that helps me to understand the localized command-line behavior.

–jarek

hi @Pascal,

Would you have any suggestion on how to GET the value of _MiddleButtonViewManipulation setting?
I can set it via command line, but getting it by parsing the command history would not work on localized versions.

thanks,

–jarek

Hi Jarek - in RhinoCommon it looks like this will help-

https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoCommon/html/P_Rhino_ApplicationSettings_GeneralSettings_MiddleMouseMode.htm

https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoCommon/html/T_Rhino_ApplicationSettings_MiddleMouseMode.htm

I’m out of the office with a class this week, but I’ll poke around at that later on if I get a chance.

-Pascal

hey Pascal,

I saw these since Python would work for what I need as well, but that particular setting is not covered there.
Spent time going through all RhinoCommon documentation but nothing relevant came up.

Whenever you get a minute, let me know if there are any other ideas.
Thanks for answering despite being out of the office!

–jarek