Quadro vs RTX Graphic Card performance in Rhino and CPU use in Rhino

Dear All,

Regarding the performance of Graphic Cards and the CPU use in Rhino, there came questions in my mind. I meanly use Rhino/Grasshopper for 3d Modelling of Building structures in Wireframe and shaded mode. Im planning to buy another Notebook but im doubting about differences between RTX Graphic Cards (for instance NVIDIA GeForce® RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6) and Quadro Graphic cards (NVIDIA Quadro® T2000 4 GB GDDR6)?

I have read that Rhino supports or is compatible with quadro cards and the quadro cards or more stable then rtx cards? When I look to the performance benchmarks the mentioned RTX Graphic card has a higher performance then the mentioned Quadro Card. Will this be the case in Rhino or will the total performance of the RTX card not being used in Rhino?

Another factor which I don’t 100% understand is the weight of the CPU Performance in reference to the performance of the GPU. For instance in which cases in Rhino the GPU is being used and when is the CPU performance important?

I know, a lot of questions. Maybe somebody can put an eye on it. And can give some information.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Jaap Bijlstra

1 Like