Python in Grasshopper for Mac

Hi all,

As far as I understand, Rhino 7 + Grasshopper should work now for Mac too, right? So I was just wondering, does the scripting-node for Python in Grasshopper work the same way for Mac-users as it does in Windows?

I am not a Mac-user myself so it would be really helpful if any of you Mac-users (or someone else) knows if it works. I’ve heard that the interface in Rhino is a bit different on Mac, but if there is anything else that doesn’t work for Mac it would also really good to know.

Best,
Julia

If you stick to non-platform specific modules you should be fine.

Thanks for your quick reply! Which modules that are native for Rhino and Grasshopper are platform-specific? Just an example would really help, to give me an idea of what I can expect to be different.

Well, since this is built on IronPython you could somehow decide to use the old Windows GUI libraries - don’t do that. Anything that comes already with our IronPython integration should be usable across platforms. At least I can’t right now think of anything else that would not work.

Alright, thanks! Good to keep in mind but it shouldn’t be a problem to avoid that kind of stuff.