Progress bar during rhino command

Hello all,

I was curious if there is a progress bar for rhino during a command? The reason that I am asking is because I am never sure when or if a command is still running.

Thank you

Stelios

1 Like

Hi Stelios - generally not - what commands in particular leave you wondering? Does the command line not give a clue?

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

Well some take extremely long to execute. Most of the time I get a not responding. Why would the command line give me a clue? I am going to say…no

Thank you

Well, if the command line has only the word Command: and a flashing cursor indicating you can type a command, then no command is running.

-Pascal

I think the problem is you have no idea when the command will complete. When you see “Not Responding” in the title bar of the Rhino window, you don’t know if Rhino has crashed or the command is still working. Make2D in RhinoWIP has the progress bar at the lower right corner of the Rhino Window which seems to be a great improvement.

I added this to the Rhino wish list.
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-35397

1 Like

Hello KelvinC

YES!!! You are absolutely correct!!! I look forward to this type of update (I think we all are)… hopefully sooner then later.

Thank you
Stelios

Until then you can check the CPU activity of the Rhino process in the Windows Task Manager to see if Rhino is working or has crashed.

I add a progress bar to my Python scripts anywhere I can for this very reason. The user likes some kind of visual feedback to know things are still happening behind the scenes.

Dan

2 Likes

These are slowly getting added to certain operations - like Make2D. --Mitch