Problem with point projection

Hello everyone. As understood from the topic, i am having an issue projecting equispaced points to a half ship hull surface.

The main thing i am trying to do is to obtain the halfbreadth table of the ship hull form by means of user-selected amount of waterlines and frames. The “user selected amount” part and the rest of the code is already running fine so i am sharing only the problematic part.

When i connect the brep and the points to the project command, i get at least 1 or 2 points out of the hull surface. It depends on the surface a little bit i guess (because within the code it is possible to manipulate the hull surface and with every different surface the number of wrongly projected points change) but i wonder if there is an easy way of avoiding this to happen? Also i would be grateful if anyone can explain why i am facing this problem.

I am sharing the rhino and the gh file, thank you.

Gh Project 1.gh (6.3 KB)
Point Project.3dm (1.2 MB)

just move your breps past the rhino origin, or your points

this

or this

sorry I didn’t answer why it’s happening - I don’t know and I don’t want to know :slight_smile:

Probably i wouldn’t think to try this by myself, Thank you so much :slight_smile: