Hi i have a question about the fillet edge, or workflow related.
I’m relative new at using Rhino v5.3.2 Mac, so if i’m asking something obvious i’m sorry
I have tried to look at diffrend guids and tried diffrend approach to the problem but im not 100% happy whit the resoult. so my question is what or where im doing it wrong.
or whot i can do to improwe my workflow?
I have three organic shaped rings that needs to have a fillet in the joint.ring fillet.3dm (7.2 MB)
First try. “filletEdge” 0.5 not working. 0.5 prefered radius but i have tried all the way down to 0.1 to see if that could help the problem. also tried to make the model 200% (don’t know if this makes any difference at all)
Secont try. Made a “pipe ø1” in the joint and used it to trimme the surface then used “blendSrf” this have a reasonable surface but there are still meany smal kinkes and mistakes.
Third try. using “offsetCrvOnSrf” to make a guid 0.25mm from the joint on both sides then using “sweep2” to fill the gap. this gives the less errors and naket edges. but its not very time effectively to do and the end surface is a bit edgy.