Preserving Draft Angle analysis results

I’d like to preserve results of draft angle analysis (either as a vertex colors on model, map etc) . I’m pretty sure I did it in the past ( I think Pascal helped with it), but I can’t recall the command used and can’t find it. Any ideas howto do it?

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Przemek - let me see if I can remember what we did- was it a script?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal! You rock man :slight_smile: . I’m almost (with a pressure put on the word ALMOST) certain it was a single command that has taken colors generated by draft angle analysis . It has been a while (and before system reinstall) since I had a need to use this and I can’t dig out the solution ( think it was on the past forums system).

Went through command list and found the solution - it is kind of workaround. Simple , but works for my purposes - simply typed ExtractAnalysisMesh and done , got the mesh with the colors from analysis :slight_smile: .
Slightly offtopic - while I’ve been looking for a solution I came accross this:

How could I add this code to my Rhino? Option to get the parting curve would be super helpful. Do you know of other scripts, plugins that aid creating “injectable” models?

(Pascal Golay) #5

Hi Przemek- [quote=“Przemas, post:4, topic:8355”]
Option to get the parting curve would be super helpful. Do you know of other scripts, plugins that aid creating “injectable” models?
[/quote]
For now, use “TestSilhouette”. This command is somewhat crude still but can help- it allows you to set a draft angle but sometimes them curve comes out on the ‘away’ facing side - it works better if surface normals point to the view camera and not away.

-Pascal

Wow, thx Pascal - did a quick test of this command and it is super helpful. Definietlly adding to my hidden tricks list :slight_smile: . Later on I’ll check it on some complex nurbs surfaces (subd sculpts tranformed to nurbs data), just to see how it works.

TestSilhouette sadly did the trick only on simple surfaces. As soon as I thrown some more complex stuff I got results I simply did not understand.
So if anyone got any tips / scripts helping in extracting parting line please do share :slight_smile: .