Correct, and that is why I proposed to add “Edge” as input to PointDeviation
Besides Continuity, Distance-Analysis between Curves and Surfaces, and Edges and Surfaces are valuable tools for topolgy control and precise analysis of your geometry.
Distance-Analysis is used for all geometry that has a relation to each other but that do not necessarily touch.
Just a few examples.
- Positioning sensors and framework underneath visible surfaces
- Safety analysis
- Thickness analysis
- Surface overcrowning
- Flange length analysis
- Offset analysis
- Building and measuring gaps,
- controling flushness of parts,
- measuring the chord of a fillet,
- controlling even surface lead in ,
- patch layout
- controling surface extrapolation,
- controlling blend-curves across surfaces.
- building linear Corner-Fillets
…the list goes on. So please consider this. Maybe @JohnBrock or @PascalGolay have an idea how to implement this into an existing tool. Edge distance to surface, and edge distance to curve could also be part of EdgeContinuity.