PluginManager Loading Error

Hi!

I’m having a strange issue with the some commands on Rhino for mac (6.25.20114.03572, 2020-04-23)! When running the _ExplodeBlock or _MergeAllFaces for the first time in a new rhino session I get the following popup:

Captura de tela 2020-05-08 00.04.48|690x256

with the message: LoadPlugIn cannot be called while a plugin is being loaded

After clearing the warning, the command line says Unknown Command: _ExplodeBlock or Unknown Command: _MergeAllFaces

Can it be that one of the plugins I have installed is in infinite loop?

Best,

Hi
This is really strange.
Have you added plug-ins to your Mac Rhino?
IF so, yes, I’m sure that’s the problem.

Hi!
I have not added any rhino plugin recently. I did add some grasshopper plugins though which caused a few strange issues when loading grasshopper, namely, moving a bunch of GH UserObjects to my user folder. To try to see if any of the grasshopper plugins or UserObjects were causing the issue I moved them out of their folders to a folder on the desktop. Also, I disabled all the rhino plugins I have that don’t ship with rhino (iris and rhino count). But the problem persists.
Thanks

About all I can suggest is to remove them and see if you can get past the error.

The components are installed in:

~/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugins/Grasshopper/Libraries/

(aka /Users/<you>/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugins/Grasshopper/Libraries/ )

Your Library ( ~/Library/ ) is hidden by default, so you might need to use the Finder > Go To Folder… and copy/paste the first path above.

This is the folder that you get to from Grasshopper if you go to File > Special Folders > Components

Just got to it now! Yes, that was the problem. It seems Iris was causing the issue. But I will replace one by one to see which is the culprit.

• Edit -

The plugin that is causing this is one called LayoutManager.rhp by blinkfeld7

Thanks @John_Brock for your help!

It seems all the issues I was having with the ghuser files on the user folder were also related with another grasshopper plugin by blinkfeld - Fabtools.

It seems that Fabtools.gha, each time is initialized by grasshopper creates ghuser files on the UserObjects folder. This works well in Windows but on the mac, likely because of the file paths, the ghuser files will always end up on the Home folder. In defense of the author, this plugin was not released for Rhino for mac.
But besides the ghuser files it also places 2 rhp files RhinoCount and LayoutManager in the Home folder. This is where my tidying instincts got me. When trying to clean the Home folder off these files and placing them in the right spots I assumed that the rhp should be dropped into the Rhino interface.