Plot subdivision area optimization problem

Hi all,

I would like develop an algorithm that creates plot with equal areas. I generated plots with some rules and tried to subdivide the urban block with equally areas plots. For optimization, I employed Galapagos, it works but not perfectly. To get equal areas, I tried to minimize the standart deviation of the plot areas (actually trying to make it zero).

I managed it up to some point but it is needed to a final fine-tuning. I would be glad for any suggestions or help.

plotbase_areaoptimizer_system.gh (37.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

My suggestion

Cheers,
BVR

Hello,
ive been trying to build a code that does that exactly, but i havent been able to achieve. Seeing you posting this is extremely interesting

can you please post the gh code of it so i can learn from it how you achieved this?
id appreciate that alot
thanks

Hello @jm11
it is not clear to whom your request is send. There are many links and many solutions. They all depends on what you need. Does the subdivision have access to the border ? Do you need rectangle ? Does the initial shape is a simple one ? …

Some drawing and some input geometry could help the forum to help you efficiently.

i have a bunch of closed curves each one has its own shape and they differ in line segments. Ive been trying to find a way that i can give these curves and as an output i get back something similar to what shown in this window, in my case splitting each shape into third and two third of the area

for example

a,b,c,d is the are of each shape

but the question is , is there a way to do this in one input all the shapes together and as an output , the shapes split into the explained portions

On your drawing there is a sort of logic for 3 shapes, the cut is parallel to the curve but not for the fourth!
Cutting using a direction for the cutter is quite easy to perform. I am quite sure there is a script somewhere. Like that

1 Like

the code is amazing, but can it do a square instead of circle, as well as , i tried it on different amount of shapes together, it doesnt work on more than just 1 shape

do you know how can i make it work on more than one shape?

extremely appreciated ^^

I gave you the link for this type of subdivision

=> “split surface.gh”
So if you want an angle, choose 1 and 3 for the number of subdivision. Then the angle.

also something like that

1 Like

i tried this one, but as written there , the more divisions the better, but i want actually a divison of 3 parts (thirds) and when i do it that way it doesnt quite work right

For me it works.

1 Like

i see where i was wrong !!
you are a life saver ^^ thank you very much!!!
extremely appreciated

You can also have multiple angle per shape but you need to put a genepool with the good number of angles (number of shapes)

split surfaces multiple angles.gh (32.6 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s how you can control plot areas directly while keeping other constraints such as orthogonal lines:
plotarea.gh (16.3 KB)

3 Likes

thank you thank you alot!!