@CallumSykes
This thread is about Right-click → Properties… that shows the Toolbars dialog (where you can edit toolbars) in the wrong position. I just updated to the latest WIP, and the behavior is still as described on Jun 23rd: it does remember the X position, but it always resets the Y position to the top of the scren.
This other thread instead is about Right-click → Show Toolbars… that shows the list of toolbars and allows to turn them on or off. I just checked and at first I thought the behavior of this command had changed, but after further investigation, it may be still the same as it used to be:
- On the first instance of Rhino, the list of toolbars appears on the top left corner of the Rhino window
- On the second instance, it appears at 0,0 on the main display, as I originally reported. I don’t remember whether I was working on a single instnace or on multiple instances when I reported the problem, so I can’t tell if it has changed.
The behavior I see on the second instance, popup at the top left of the monitor, is bad. If you work on an ultrawide monitor, you may need to turn your head by 120 degrees to see that tiny list.
The behavior I see on the first instance, popup at the top left of Rhino’s window, is better.
But seeing that thing, floating at that fixed position and not being able to move it, doesn’t feel right. My intuition suggests it’s either:
- a popup, and it should appear where is the mouse, or
- a panel, and it should be draggable and remember its position
As is, it’s a popup because it disappears when you click away, but it’s a panel because it doesn’t pop up at the mouse position, it’s up there on the top left, where you would expect a panel.
It should be either a popup, popping up at the mouse position, or a panel, turning on where it was last used.
Here is the current SystemInfo:
Rhino 9 SR0 2026-10-6 (Rhino 9 BETA, 9.0.26279.06303, Git hash:master @ 38442ba6302a687894bfeb92efd4dd088e13993d)
License type: Commercial, build 2026-10-06
License details: Cloud Zoo
Expires on: 2026-11-20
Windows 10 (10.0.19045 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 32GB)
.NET 10.0.12
Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [79% battery remaining]
Non-hybrid graphics configuration using DirectX
Primary display: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 5-19-2026 (M-D-Y). DirectX(11)
> Integrated accelerated graphics device with 1 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop's integrated screen or built-in port
Secondary graphics devices.
Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 12-23-2021 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Secondary monitor is laptop's integrated screen or built-in port
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #1
Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 12-23-2021 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Secondary monitor is laptop's integrated screen or built-in port
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #1
DirectX Settings
Safe mode: Off
OpenBLAS: OpenBLAS 0.3.30 DYNAMIC_ARCH NO_AFFINITY SkylakeX MAX_THREADS=64.
Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\StefanoMenci\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\9.0\CommandHistoryMD\0.1.2-beta\CommandHistoryMD.rhp "CommandHistoryMD" 0.1.2.0
C:\Users\StefanoMenci\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\9.0\IntelliClad\0.0.19-beta\IntelliClad.rhp "IntelliClad" 0.0.0.0
C:\Users\StefanoMenci\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\9.0\IntelliClad\0.0.19-beta\IntelliClad.TestInput.rhp "IntelliClad.TestInput" 1.0.0.0
C:\Users\StefanoMenci\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\9.0\BlockEditNew\2.1.7\blockeditnew.rhp "BlockEditNew" 2.0.0.0
Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp "Commands" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp "WebBrowser"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp "Renderer Development Kit"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp "RhinoScript"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoAI\net8.0\RhinoAI.rhp "RhinoAI" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\3dxRhino.9.rhp "3DxRhino.9"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp "IdleProcessor"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\UpdatesAndStatistics\UpdatesAndStatistics.rhp "UpdatesAndStatistics" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp "Rhino Render" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp "RDK_EtoUI" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp "Snapshots"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\MeshCommands.rhp "MeshCommands" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp "RhinoCycles" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCode\RhinoCodePlugin.rhp "RhinoCodePlugin" 9.0.26279.6303
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp "Displacement"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 9 WIP\Plug-ins\SectionTools.rhp "SectionTools"