Pixelated V-Ray Shadows Mask?

Hi there,

I’m trying to do a sun/shadow study in V-Ray and Photoshop where I overlay multiple shadows over the span of a day to see what areas are effected. Something like this:

My only problem is that there are always some pixelated spots in my shadows mask (see image), is there a way to get rid of them? I’m rendering with standard settings, high quality and material override enabled. The images are overexposed to leave me the option to keep the original image and multiply it instead of the shadows but that’s more of a backup solution…

Thanks!

M

do you render this on a single machine or on multiple? Looks like some buckets are failing.
Do you get the same with progressive rendering?

yes, single machine. progressive rendering had issues with the same spots but they were just a different grey. Progressive CPU rendering seems to work for that particular frame, I’ll let it render a few more frames and see what happens.

Edit: no errors with Progressive CPU. I’ll render the whole animation in high res later today and post an update.

Edit 2: No errors in any of the frames with cüu rendering… takes a lot of time but that seems to be the only way for me to get clean shadow masks rn.

Thanks for the hint.