Pedestrian path gradient list management

Hi,

I’m after some advice in list management. I’ve created a Grasshopper definition that measures the gradient of an existing pedestrian path within a landscape and then assesses it against allowable gradients within Australian Standards AS 1428.1-2009 Design for access and mobility.

I’m able to get it to work perfectly for one pedestrian path. However, it gets messed up when I analyse two paths at the same time. Does anyone have any tips on how I can manage the lists from the two different pedestrian paths?

Here’s a screenshot of it working with one pedestrian path:

Here’s it glitching when I add two pedestrian paths:

Here’s a summary of the pedestrian path and ramp gradients in Australian Standards:

Here’s the Grasshopper definition:
171214_PathGradient_Assessment.gh (52.5 KB)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Matthew

I’m running an older version of GH, so missing some components, but I think if you “Graft” the curve param it should work for you?

It’s worth having a read of the GH primers, once you have the eureka moment about data structures it opens up a lot of options.

1 Like

Yes, “Graft” should do the job but it’s important not to apply “Flatten” in the middle of the downstream…

171214_PathGradient_Assessment_re.gh (43.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @joeallberry and thanks @HS_Kim for fixing up the Grasshopper definition for me!! I also like how you simplified the definition by projecting the points onto the curve instead of the complicated way I had done it.

I’ve added a legend to the definition:

Here’s the revised file for anyone interested:
171219_PathGradient_Assessment.gh (59.8 KB)

Thanks again,
Matthew

1 Like