Pascals Orient Perp From and copy...lost code wanted again

Hi,
V5
Pascal, back in V4 days, you created a code that I was able to make a toolbar button for, I used it every time I needed to copy along a planar rail, profiles that were perp to that rail such as attached.

see attached example, copying blue curve perp to rail. to get red copies shown.

I cannot find it. It got lost when reinstalling V4 to my previous PC.

I cant remember if it gave steps to follow such as select profile at rail, then select other end of profile that is the perp from rail I require. then copy yes ( whole reason for it) and away I went clicking and placing profiles.

I really could do with that again.
I then need to brush up on how to create an icon for it etc to add to toolbar.
Orient-PerpFrom.3dm (60.5 KB)

Steve

Hmm- sounds like Orient, with Project on the Onsaps, Copy=Yes, snap the two ends of the blue curve, and then the location for the base of the copy along the path curve - then use the PerpFrom one-shot OSnap for the second point - the curve to be perp from is the path curve, the location is the base point of the new copy.

http://screencast.com/t/VgPj3PT5rvSq

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, that sure looks like it, now as you did code that did that which I made a button for, so all I did was click button and then either follow steps or something, can you do that in code to enable this to be done again. ?

As you managed it that one time, I hope so.

I remember my button icon I created, an S line with lines perp from it.

Have had a deep search and found this :-

and zip files attached.
OrientOptions.zip (479.0 KB)
OrientPathOptions.zip (967 Bytes)

Does this help and what needs doing with this ?

Steve

Hi Pascal,
I had found these files but not heard back from you.
I need again to copy and orient perp to a path a profile.

see attached

Is it possible having found these , see thread, you can resupply what I had on V4, I had even made a button for it, else a command called CopyOrientPerpToPath might suffice.

Let me know just how to install the code and give it a command name.
Can I make a button that runs the command name ?

shame images have vanished.
orient profile perp to rail.3dm (30.0 KB)
Cheers
Steve

@pascal

Try a new message instead of posting on the end of a 5-year old topic.