Panning or rotating within a command freezes display temporarily

Hello,
I keep finding that if I pan or rotate, like to reach another endpoint not in view, while I’m in a command the screen doesn’t scroll with my intended direction. I think it only does this during a command. I was using pipe command, or tube command when I started to notice. While holding the right mouse button down, or shift rhight, I could see a tiny small section of the screen was displaying some motion as I tried to reach for another point, but the whole display wouldn’t show where I am at till I released the right mouse button… Maybe you can see the section of active motion area in the screen shots… hard to describe.

Rhino 6 SR0 2017-12-21 (Rhino WIP, 6.0.17355.10131, Git hash:master @ e17e776d87b768454030e4ce5d107fea386bc1ec)

Windows 7 SP1 (Physical RAM: 8Gb)

Quadro 3000M/PCIe/SSE2 (OpenGL ver:4.5.0 NVIDIA 377.61)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.50 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 8-14-2017
Driver Version: 21.21.13.7761
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2 GB

C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

I have prefer maximum performance selected.

Hello - what is the monitor resolution? Is this a high res screen?

-Pascal

resolution I’m running native settings1920 X 1080.

Every once in a while I will get a snag while panning or rotating. This time I had been doing layer cleanups and hidden construction object removals. Property![panning or rotating imore box was opened, Closed it, wanted to pan the screen a little and in the picture you can see the screen was knifed partially, I let go of the mouse button and it stayed like that so I got a screen shot. Clicked a icon on the ribbon and escaped out of what ever and panning worked again. Just before that pan was not working, no response, so I clicked zoom and it came to life after that. So, it seems if I get snagged all I have to do is click something on the ribbon and get out of it, then things are normal again.
Those screen capture pictures before, forgot to mention the the pan and rotate iconf were on the screen but they didn’t show on screen capture.

OK - thanks - I do not have a good idea at the moment - I think we had this, or a similar problem, somewhat commonly for a short while in V5, I cannot remember now if it turned out to be video-card specific, but so far this is the first I’ve heard of it on V6.

@stevebaer, @jeff - does either of you have an idea?

-Pascal

Wanted to mention specifically a way I can create this issue on demand every time, and a way to prevent it. To cause it click an object then left click hide it. Does it every time after that when Un hide is clicked. If you don’t want it to do it, after I clicking UN-hide toggle back and forth on a couple ribbon tabs, like I was on the Standard tab and I clicked CPlanes then clicked back on Standard , I’m good to go panning or rotating at this point. For me another way to block the problem after UN-hide, I just slightly use the scroll zoom in and out, wiggle a little, and good to go on panning or orient. Actually to create the problem I can just click hide without a selection and right away click UN-hide, Sometimes just click UN-hide causes it.

Hello - thanks for the details… unfortunately I still cannot reproduce this so far - by ’ clicking Unhide’ you mean the right click on the hide button in the Standard toolbar, correct?

-Pascal

that is correct, right clicking the hide icon. Now If I type “Hide” in the command line, left click select an object, then enter, then type show in the command line, no problems with display freeze. So don’t know what attribute is different. Is it possible R6 uses, grabs, some settings from R5 preferences, like the way I have the GUI preferences, Maybe I need to Default some settings in R6?