PanelingTools webinar topics?

Rajaa
You’re certainly welcome to incorporate the objects into the upcoming webinar

The star is tricky, not because it is a polysurface, but because it is not clear how the stones need to be assembled. Is it a radial arrangement? Is it circular?

At this point, those of us hoping to use PanelingTools would take anything they could get! – radial, circular, offset, random, spiral, crosshatch, squaregrid…

The ring example is so overly simplistic where quite honestly, I would’ve pavee’d it in a similar manner and without needing PanelingTools. From the projected curves, I’d take a point and array along curve with a distance equal to the width of the assembly. Then do a orient on surface with the points acting as attractors.

I don’t think I’m alone with other modelers having far more complex polysurface objects seeking usability with PanelingTools.

@CarterTG,
I see your point and unfortunatly there is no one answer-fits-all. Workflow/process has to be tailored to each new surface and design. As I mentioned, you can develop strategies to work with each form and the fact that the base is free-form or a polysurface should not stop you from using PT. The more examples I have, the better I can make the tools to allow at least partial automation when possible.
I am working on your star example to see if I can enhance the ptOrientToGrid command to at least orient-rigid following the base polysurface. Just keep in mind that packing is not part of the PT set of tools.

Any date yet for the paneling tools webinar? Looking forward to it!

Indeed, thank you!

We have a tentative date of November 18 for the webinare and December 8-11 for the class. Will keep you posted once the dates are final.