Paneling Hexagonal Modules on Curved Surface

Hi guys I have created a few hexagonal façade design and I would like to map it on the red color surface as shown. The red patches (open surface) are voronoi shape but I want each hexagonal modules to take the shape of it and I am not sure how. Appreciate it thanks!

Hello Edwin,

Please upload the relevant file (s).

Thank you,

Andy

Hexgonal Penal.3dm (13.7 MB)

Heres the file! Both the hexagonal modules and voronoi patches are inside, i just need to know how to map it over such that the design dont distort too much thanks.

Hello Edwin,

Sorry, but I am still not clear as to what you want to accomplish. Do you want your hexagonal objects to : command :flow along the surface of the red surfaces or do you want to have the hexagonal objects replace the red surfaces ?

Hopefully someone more insightful will understand your goal.

Thank you,

Andy

Thank you,

Oh yes I meant I want it to flow along surface the voronoi shape red patch but I have tried and it cant.

Hello Edwin,

I woulds start by moving all of your objects closer to the origin. I have seen this happen on occasion where one fails to get an intended result because of where the objects are… Apparently there are technical reasons for this; I just do not recall the technicalities concerned except that in one case I believe the person was working with a large topographical geographical model. Did moving the objects closer work to get the flow along surface command operational for you ?

Thank you,

Andy

Hi I need help trying to map the star shape object onto the irregular surface on the right. I tried the flow along surface but it distorted my star shape very badly and came out of the surface. Appreciate your help thanks!

Hi Edwin - please post a file with the objects.

-Pascal

mapping.3dm (17.4 MB)
Hi guys I would like to map the hexagonal element onto the curved surfaces. I have tried flow along surface but it distorts my object. I want it to look seamless like the hole is centralized and follows the shape of the cell accurately. Appreciate any help thanks!

help

Hello Edwin,

Irrespective of any other steps to take to achieve your desired result I would move the model objects to be within / close to the grid / XYZ axis. As it is now they are out in space [“Lost in Space” if you remember this TV show.]

Please try to explain in a different way what your are trying to achieve. It is not clear to me the context you are using “map” and using the term map in conjunction with the command flow along surface seems incongruous. I am not surprised that the hexagonal object distorts as it is made up of 6 surfaces, 31 polysurfaces some of which are open. [I am purposely not counting in the 2 closed curves.]

Thank you,

Andy

Hi guys I need help on how to create a similar kinetic hexagonal cell like the one shown but into an irregular Voronoi surface as shown in the red curve organic form.

Hi guys I need help on how to create a similar kinetic hexagonal cell like the one shown but into an irregular Voronoi surface as shown in the red curve organic form.

this is the idea i want but instead of hexgonal cell it would be irregular surface as shown below

so basically mapping the cell into this diff red patches

Edwin -

This is getting beyond ridiculous. You keep asking the same question but can’t be bother to answer when people ask for more information.
-wim