Open UV-Editor from maximized Top Viewport and return to the same

Opening the UV-Editor from any other maximized Viewport than the Perspective Viewport will result in the standard 4 Viewports and the Perspective Viewport active, when you close the UV-Editor. This has (to my knowledge) also been the case in all versions of Rhino 8. It is inconsistent and should be fixed in Rhino 9 BETA. It would also be nice to get a separate GridSnap-value for the UV-Editor or the possibility for the user to select a different (real-world) size for the UV-Editor such as 1m x 1m.

Test: Use any of your own files and any material or download Wood059 and open the file below.
Maximize the Top View and select a random element to change the position of the texture in UV. The aim is to get to a “pseudo-random” variation of the same texture on fx half of the elements.

ForkPath_06+A4.3dm (1.1 MB)

ForkPath_06+A4_v8.3dm (7.1 MB)

Yes! I have 2 separate “sets” of nudge settings macro’ed for changing back and forth between modelling space and UV space, and imagine the amount of times I forget switching either to or from the other setting. If I could set UV space to be 100x100mm (instead of 1x1 UV-units) the nudge settings would be more appropriate, and I’d be a happy unwrapper :grinning_face:
-Jakob