Offset on self intersect curve

offset loop.gh (11.0 KB)
offset%20loop

Hello
Please find the image and grasshopper file. Hope its simple task. I am trying to offset both sides of self-intersect curve. Could anyone help me with this

Thankyou
Ezhil

The Offset component in the Clipper plugin will do just what you are looking for.

offset loop.gh (11.3 KB)
Hello Ethan,
Thankyou for your response. I did try Clipper, for some reason I was facing some bug of uneven offset.
Is it some tolerance issue?

E

Using Clipper plugin:

offset_loop_2018Mar12a.gh (13.1 KB)

1 Like

I got the same strange result as you, with both Clipper and the offset component from Pufferfish. Using the Pufferfish component however, I was able to come up with a highly unsatisfying workaround by shattering the self-intersecting curve. I also took the liberty of moving your curves back into normal spacetime from where they resided. (I don’t know why people post here with data so far from the origin!?)

offset loop2.gh (23.9 KB)

I guess shatter is the way in this curve shape. Thank you, both Ethan and Joseph.

It is also good to transform by yourself the curve in polyline before feeding offset polyline. The component surely use rhino tolerance.

Oh damn,I have installed this plugin for long time ago,but I never know untill now,i spent almost 4hour trying to do something like these,you save my life ,thanks