In the attached… the “client” wants to offset the simple polysurface object to the outside 0.1 units, solid.
- OffsetSrf with rounded corners succeeds, but the client wants sharp corners.
- OffsetSrf with sharp corners explodes and leaves gaps
OK, let’s try the OffsetMesh route…
- Mesh the object… Unable to get all simple 1 triangle faces, they are arbitrarily split
- OffsetMesh the result does not offset correctly anyway (fold added, thickness not constant)
- Fix the original mesh by manually deleting/adding faces
- OffsetMesh works
- MeshToNURB… Done…
But geez… a lot of work for a simple object and lots of failures…
So for "bug reports, I would like to file the OffsetSrf (sharp) failure, the Mesh failure (can you find a mesh setting that will make all single triangles?) and the OffsetMesh failure.