Indeed it is a dual card setup, but have set it to use the Nvidia GPU already, tried to fiddle with settings and so on. I have experienced some lag in very large files before, but since latest windows update the lag is just simply unbarable. Will try to copy everything into a new file, see if it works.
I have made a clean install of Rhino 5 and rebooted computer several times since upgrading to latest nvidia drivers.
Nvidia also displays that Video memory is limited to 64 MB.
And task manager shows that only 5-12% of the GPU is used. WHY?!?!
I did hide a block instance, and performed a clean install of the video card driver. Now it works a bit better, Also tweaked the nVidia settings acording to some guide I found.
Seems to have helped and it utilizes more of the GPU. Seems like I had a Block in the file that slowed down the software tremendously. weird… Still wont recognize the driver and video memory size though.
These are my current settings, (sorry for the swedish) It definately runs on the right GPU, but s soon as i have a block imported from *.STEp or *.IGES and I monitor the activities in task manager, I see that it only utilizes maximum 12% of the GPU. It might be some kind of multi-thread GPU calculation issues when I have a block in the viewport.
I have made a clean install of the GPU drivers and it made a remarkable difference, but still not as good as I would believe the machine is capable of. Wireframe is really slow, shaded modes are quicker!
Windows treats 32 bit applications in a legacy mode which can in some cases be more efficient for display speed. This is because the application is given lower resolution windows to draw to in high DPI situations and the windows performs the appropriate stretching to draw onto a higher dpi screen. This also means the application can’t really take advantage of high dpi drawing. Another reason could be that the 32 bit version of a display driver outperforms it’s 64 bit counterpart.
Rhino 6 should perform a lot better. Based on your comments, my guess is that one of the blocks you are importing is actually quite heavy. David can probably give you a better answer if you send him a model.