New to Rhino 8, how on earth can the panels be docked?

Being a long time Rhino user, you develop habits, and when trying to arrange my workplace in R8, i tried uncessfully to dock my Rhinocam 2024 panels to the left side, the friggin blue rectangles that are supposed to apear there to allow the docking refuse to appear, any hints about how to do it ?? regards from the Canary Islands the Hawaii of the Atlantic

2 Likes

When you pull a panel near where you want it, instead of the original large blue rectangle you were used to seeing in V7, you will see likely 4 small blue squares, top, bottom, left and right. Each of those represents a possible docking position. continue pulling the panel to the small square that represents the position you want, when the mouse cursor hits the square, the large blue rectangle will appear. Let up on the mouse button and the panel will dock.

DockPanels

2 Likes

Thank you very much Sir, your advise was very helpful, I managed with your help to arrange everything like I like it. Rhino King of the Cad Sowtware reigns supreme, Here you can see what I designed and built with this wonderful piece of software:

1 Like

horrible font of the naming, but i guess it is supposed to look raptured :smiley:

anyway please mark the actual answer as solution and not your own post, for somebody looking for a quick solution that will be more helpful.

1 Like

I agree :rofl:, in fact we changed it:

1 Like

much better :D, now we still have to work on the colour a bit, no just kidding it looks fine. interesting shadow on the first image, i like how the curvature gets accentuated, it could almost look like painted. whats that kind of boat called and what is it used for besides showing off beautiful woman? i mean no offense the guys look totally raptured :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi encephalon, we build those mainly as fast sports fishing boats but showing athletic wimen aboard is also another of its goals :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like