Need help sorting some geometry

Hi, I’m doing a gridshell project and had a problem with the alignment of its members.

First, it seems that some members did not align in the correct position/axis (I think that gridshell’s surface causes this but I cannot change its form). I’ve tried to rotate them (members) with Rotate Direction by using a normal vector that I got from its surface but it doesn’t work, I think that because they are from different data sources (line and surface). I want to align the long side of the member’s cross-section parallel to the cylindrical joint.
Are there any ways of fixing it?

Second, is there any way to get a normal vector from the line instead of from the surface?

Thanks in advance.Gridshell_assigning_joint.gh (114.7 KB)

This pic shows the difference between two types of members, green lines are the correct one.

Gridshell_assigning_joint_re.gh (122.1 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the solution, but is there any way to get segmented lines instead of continuous lines like this? Because I need segmented lines for assigning joints to them, thanks.

Then, try to use Polyline instead of Interpolate.

Gridshell_assigning_joint_reV2.gh (123.0 KB)

Thanks a lot, this is what I want! Further more, I wonder why you need to use flip curve before sweep?

Bake the final brep geometries and check the face normal directions.