Named Positions bug?

When copying objects in different ways, the named positions are not copied consistently. This lead to quite a mess here, since the behavior is not transparent:

• Rhino command _copy: Named position is not kept with the object (seems logic)
  • Duplicate layer with objects: Named position of the original objects is kept (not logical and confusing)
  • Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V: Named position is copied to a new named position (seems logic)

Hi Silvan - I see that… In fact the copy - paste part of this has caused some problems, adding many many, sometimes thousands of named positions to a file in some cases. So, the named positions are not copied in V6. I’m starting to think named positions should be jettisoned completely on copies…

-Pascal

@lars - what do you think ? It seems messy either way in some circumstances to associate named positions with copied objects…

-Pascal

1 Like

I used to use named positions, but when copying things get messy real quick. Hoping that SnapShots will replace named positions in a more stable manner.

yeah that’s a good start for now. I also think that objects should have a match named position so one pasted object can inherit a named position from another in the scene. Matching means that it will maintain the relative position to the object is matching, or 'following.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it.

Hi All, thanks for looking into this. Would be great if the changes would make it into V6.

RH-39023 is fixed in the latest V6 WIP.

1 Like