pencil sketch
lemans colorize
lemans painted
lemans_cartoon

6 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

I post composited in the yellow for this one, we can color key in NOIR, may add this ability in pencil as well.

8 Likes

3 Likes

there are a couple of nice ones in these, especially these:

As I just posted in the other thread, it would be helpful if all settings that make up a look could be applied in one go. Right now, you cannot even share your settings in a WIP build I think, since it depends not only on the flair settings but also on all the settings in display settings and render settings.

2 Likes

you can share the flair settings, if you shared the model as well, all the shaders and lighting would go too-

but to your point, it’s a combo of lighting, materials, and flair that go into creating the image.

those are both defaults with some contrast adjustment in the options

Yes, that’s what I mean, even if you would make good defaults of the flair settings, then still it depends on too many other things. If possible, that I would change, just make flair a different mode where you set the lighting, environment, background, etc…
This way all settings for your display modes can be left as they are + it becomes possible to share an exact look through a single displaymode.ini

2 Likes

I agree, a flair displaymode(s) makes more sense. especially with the inclusion of many tools including line weights and surface shading.

In the paragraph below, I’m speaking from an Architect’s perspective, my words may not apply to fabricators or product designers.

I spent my lunch hour fiddling with the settings, simply I wanted to combine Pencil Sketch with a Patent drawing displaymode, my goal is to mimic a napkin sketch effect and I can’t find a way to control the edges, the edge weight controls the the opacity of the edge, not the thickness. Thus, using flair in this case really reduced the amount of details in my diagram.

Also, paper texturing lacks the control of placement.

the other image below used grasshopper for Sketchylines and Photoshop for paper texture and It took the same time to set up, while I was able to preserve the details (specifically Text)

Definitely , having a one-stop solution is a better way for everyone but in this case, I’m still trying hard to find an applicable way to make this is useful for our industry.

2 Likes

are you happy with the lower solution? It looks very messy to my eye especially in the stairwell. thus the challenge here… it’s all subjective.

But if that is more to your liking, we can build from that and see what we can do.

3 Likes

I found this really stunning, as simple as it is, the edges and surfaces are well defined. credit to the original Instagram poster.

4 Likes

Nice!

Yes, totally agree, we need to be able to share our recipes with one file… that would be awesome!

that looks to me like a composited image… I’d like to know more about how that was created.

you could easily get this from rhinos current displays if you took several shots and composited them in Photoshop.

an artic shot overlaid with a technical shot overlaid with a rendered shot and composited would 100% give you this look.

quick hack at it here-

5 Likes

I agree, it is composited for sure, but I like the feel of edges and surface shaders, it is subtle.

agreed-
that would be a different thing from how flair currently works… that would be a blending of display modes.

1 Like

i just wanted to see what rhino can do here… if you use setobjectdisplaymode you can get results in that direction or just tweak technical view.

the situation is completely different of course i also just messed for a few moments with it there is way more possible. maybe the example from @tay.alrawiits is a little helped by photshop in the end it shows a falloff in lines

ps: please dont kill me that masterpiece of architecture is for this purpose only :smiley:

2 Likes