My first work with subD

Early, I didn’t know how to work with subD. In fact, I always worked with Nurbs in Rhino and had never worked with subD or even Mesh before.

After searching the internet a lot, I found a website that trained how to create a Delphine with subD. I followed the instruction step by step and succeeded to make the Delphine shape, but not similar to the Delphine shape on the website. I only learned the relative commands in subD but made the Delphine based on my experience seeing this beautiful and intelligent fish in the various pictures and videos.

The Delphine on the website had a straight pose of the body, but I bent its body and gave a curvature shape on its back; when it appears swimming on the surface of seas.

Of course, all the commands and techniques of subD were not in the instruction, and I learned the other commands and techniques myself later, gradually.

7 Likes

Nice work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cute dolphin~

1 Like

can you post a shot of your wireframe? I’m curious what your topology look like.

With pleasure, sir :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well done… nice control on your face count- lower always is better when you have the choice!

3 Likes

Follow one~

1 Like

Congratulation!

Nice imitation!

Although it is something between a shark and dolphin, nevertheless I love this innovative work :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing this interesting design

I also visited your web. It has so beautiful picture of the sea on the opening page. May I ask you to send me that picture without text and other things? I want to set it on my desktop. I choose the simple logo on your web, as well.

Here it is :smiley:
The website is empty…Have no idea what to fill~~~
Sea.zip (5.9 MB)
oops it’s compressed,take this zip file

Thank you 董新宇dxystar :slight_smile:

I always loved smooth and blue seas. I have a lot of wallpapers, among sea views, but no one was like this photo smooth and clear wholly for desktop. Now I both can find the icons on the desktop easily and watch the sea view. I add it to the wallpapers archive.