Multiple landing staircase

hello, is there a workaround to obtain a staircase with more than one intermediate landing?

Hi,

I am taking a shot in the dark here but I suspect you may have not created a stair with enough height so that intermediate landings appear, see screenshot attached:

You can even click on More/ Properties to make round landings, see screenshot attached:

If you want landings on a straight stair though, things get a little nastier. The only workaround i could work out was to explode and split an L-shaped stair and reconnect its last flight on it again in a straight direction. Had to cap a hole and delete some loose parts in the process.

Not an elegant solution but it works, screenshot attached:

2 Likes

Hi,
@litma, take a look at this tip, which talks about how to add landings to stairs: http://www.visualarq.com/support/tips/5465/
When you insert a stair you generate a flight (with steps and landings alternatively) for each clic in the model.
As @daly2 says, you can edit these flights from the properties dialog.
If you wanted to create a straigh stair with landings, you’d just need to define the insert points at the start and end of the landing, along the stair direction, and afterwards, edit the flights.
Best regards,

ok, this was clear. What I need is to have the landings one on top of the other.
Since this (picture) is i what it comes out I believe the workaround is the same as for your example.

@litma,
This is an odd result. Probably it is related to a bug that will be fixed for the VisualARQ 2.0 version that happens with balanced stairs. Try to avoid using balanced stairs in these cases, or use different stairs rather than a single one that do all turns.
If you can send me the .3dm model to visualarq@asuni.com of this strange stair result I will confirm you that this error has been fixed in the 2.0 version.
Thanks,

@litma Good news, we have finally fixed the bug of this multi-landing stair in VisualARQ 2.4, which is already available to download: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.4 released

1 Like