Model update fails with direct embedding

Hi,

I’m developing a custom configurator for a client and I’ve hit an unexpected problem: there are certain combinations of parameters that result in a (repeatable) update failure, and they generate several errors in the console:

WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: bufferData: no data
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘BYTES_PER_ELEMENT’ of undefined
ViewerAppSceneManager.js:190 Uncaught (in promise) Error: publishing of subscene failed
LoggingMixin.js:73 ERROR.SceneManager._finishProcess : publishing of subscene failed Error: publishing of subscene failed
LoggingMixin.js:73 ERROR.ViewerAppMessagingPartial.setupDispatching : Error in message callback: publishing of subscene failed Error: publishing of subscene failed

The weird thing is that when editing the same model using ShapeDiver’s platform the same parameters do not generate any problem.

Also, this happens quite often and without any apparent reason - from the point of view of the definition.

Unfortunately I cannot provide a public link as this is currently under development.

How/to whom can I send a private link?

Thank you in advance

Marco

PS
We haven’t implemented any error handling strategy, if this can be solved in this way, is there any example code of how this could be done?

It seems that in your case, the two following changes have solved the problem:

• Upgrade the viewer to the latest version.
  • Make sure to keep invidual meshes smaller than 65536 vertices.

Please let me know if you ever experience the issue again.