Merge edges that belong to separated surfaces

hi everyone
when i try to use “surface from network of curves” command, it cant used separated edges.

and i can’t merge trimmed surfaces.

is there a way to make “surface network” treat the edges like one edge, or a way to create a surface can have a single edge -from the separated edges- .

Try ‘mergeedge’ or dupedge and join. Then you’ve got the curves you need.

i can get the curves, but how to make the created surface match the other surfaces -a curvature match- without using “match surface”, cause it give a bad result.

When you’re asked to select a curve, type “chain” an pick one of the curves you want to chain. If you get more chained together than you want, set AutoChain to no.

thanks chuck it’s work, but how to make the curvature matching work?

The most likely cause of your problem is gaps between the ends of the edges. MatchSrf command may be the best way to eliminate the gaps.

I thought that worked. But I see now that it doesn’t. It should be possible, theoretically, as long as the surfaces along the chain match up to the desired continuity. I’ll put it on the list. If you post the geometry, someone who’s more adept at modeling (I’m just one of the developers of the command) might be better able to help.

Your A edge is trimmed so this approach isn’t going to work. Can you post the file?
I’d be inclined to duplicate the edge curves on your A and C sides. Build a curve for rail B, then try sweep2 using rails D and B

If A was the edge of a single trimmed surface then NetworkSrf would provide the option of tangency or curvature matching. The problem is due to A being the edge of two surfaces, not one. NetworkSrf allows only position matching for an edge comprised of more than one surface. It does not matter if the surfaces are trimmed or untrimmed.

I suppose you could slightly trim back that edge with two surfaces (maybe Pipe the edge to get a parallel intersection, sweep a new single surface to fill the trim, then try your NetworkSrf approach again.

That approach does not allow curvature matching for A or C. It does allow curvature matching for D, but that is also available using NetworkSrf.

Curvature matching for A and C but not D is available using Sweep2 with the chain option for the rails, and selecting the surface edges along A and C as the rails. Use B and the surface edge along D as the cross sections, and create the surface. Then use MatchSrf to match the new surface to the existing surface along D.