Match SubD edge to curve or NURBS edge

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I’m trying to find a way to match the edge of a SubD surcace (in white on the picture) to a circular curve (in black), or alternatively to a NURBS cylinder of the same dimentions, and I have not been able to find a way to do this operation.

What I’ve tried so far :

• Converting my SubD to Nurbs then use the Match Surface tool to align with my cylinder : command fail
  • Convert the cylinder to SubD and mesh then use the Stitch or Build Bridge between SubD/Mesh : command fail
  • Build a SubD cylinder of the same diameter then Stitch : fail as the SubD cylinder was not a regular cylinder and smaller than the input diameter
  • Manualy move the edition points of the edge on the curve : edge did not take the shape I was looking for

Is there a tool or a method I could use to do this operation, or alternatively to build a regular cylinder with SubDs I could then stitch ?

Thanks in advance

Try the Align command and the To Curve option with the vertices along the open SubD edge selected. 8 to 10 points like you have should get very close to circular when aligned to the curve. If your ultimate goal is to join the SubD into a NURBS cylinder, do the above and then convert the SubD to a NURBS polysrf with the ToNURBS command. Leave a small gap an use BlendSrf after that to connect and join to the NURBS cylinder.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, the result was not exactly what I was looking for, but it was enough for the boss which is good for me.

Thank you for the tips !