Mac Rhino ever catching up with Windows Rhino?

maybe opening up Rhino Mac WIP to non license holders would get more people involved in the development, just a thought :thinking:

Now this is something that blows my mind… I have a Rhino 6 license but have been waiting forever for a mac version. Happy to help out on testing and bug reporting but I can’t seem to find a way to download the WIP with a valid license for the finished product! This can’t be difficult guys!

The Work-In-Progress development process is open to owners of the current shipping version. For the Mac 6 WIP that means you need a Mac V5 license.
We do this so we can throttle the number of user using it.
The keeps us from being overwhelmed by an early build with lots of problems, and it minimizes the number of users that might be adversely affected by problems.

It’s possible that as we get closer to the end of the development, we may choose to open up the WIP process to a wider audience.
We’re not at that point yet.

In partial answer to functionality missing from current V5 mac and V6 that is a real bummer for my work flow (architecture), - worksessions. I understand there are file locking issues, if they were to be overcome I’d be super happy!

Thank you @ecnal_van_maanen for letting us know what you are missing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Worksessions will not make it into Rhino 6 for Mac.

We did manage to overcome the file-locking issues, but ran smack into numerous problems with the Layer dialog that would delay shipping for a long, long time.

Any progress or outlook regarding worksessions in rhino for mac?

Hi - this feature is currently on the Future list.
You can follow any developments by subscribing to item RH-36512.
-wim