Mac OS Sierra Beta - Rhino Crashes

I just installed the beta of Mac OS X Sierra, and ever since Rhino will crash when opening files. The app will open, and it will start opening a file, but then immediately crash. Is anyone else having this issue?

By any chance, are you running macOS Sierra in a language other than English?

-Dan

Dan - no, it’s running in English. Do you think the language could cause an issue?

Rance-

Thanks for letting me know. Ok, we will continue to investigate. (No, typically language does not cause an issue, but since we are doing a lot of our testing on Macs running in English, I just thought I would check before creating a new user account running in some other language).

-Dan

Dan,

Is this an issue that you’ve heard from other users too? I’m just wondering if it might be worth it to go back to El Capitan in the meantime.

No, so far we are not seeing widespread crashes with 5.2.2 on macOS 10.12. Like your report (thank you, btw), we would like to hear from people.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to reproduce this issue using Rhino for Mac 5.2.2 (5C256) on macOS 10.12 Sierra (16A320).

Hi,

I (unfortunately) have encountered just this issue with Sierra and Rhino 5.2.2.
I can launch Rhino and do operation except open files.
But if I try to open any .3dm file, Rhino always crashes.

In a moment, Rhino open a view port window. But before anything drawn Rhino will crash.

Here are my environment.
Mac: iMac16,2 (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
Rhino: Rhino for Mac 5.2.2 (5C256) (and even 5.3 WIP(5D74w))
Language: both Japanese and English

I hope this issue will be fixed.
If you need more information, please let me know.

Hi Naoki_O-

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to resolve it. In the meantime, others have found work-arounds that might work for you temporarily. Please check out this thread.

Best,
-Dan

Thanks Dan,

I’ll track that thread.

Naoki

@Naoki_O from the thread, this this solve your issue? I’m still thinking whether to update Mac OS

In the meantime, for users that are experiencing the crash (likely on a 5k iMac), please change your color profile (System Preferences > Display > Color) to the Standard iMac Apple RGB profile for the time being.

Toshiaki-san,

I’ve been using color profile default “iMac” since I bought it.
Although the issue occurred.
So, I made a new color profile and tried to switch to it.
And tried to switch back to initial profile.
But the Rhino still crashed in both case.
So, you should wait to install Sierra until the “issue fixed version” of Sierra or Rhino is released.

@Naoki_O
Thanks for the reply.
Yep I’ll wait on the OS update till things get a bit clearer.