License manager fails Error -390

I updated Rhino for Mac and I get keep getting this message.

Hrmmm. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We haven’t seen this error lately.

@JohnM Can you please investigate this?

Do you see any other error messages or warning dialog s when Rhino starts? The error code is indicating an exception when initializing the license manager, I’m working on how to get additional information.

This is the only error I see.

ETA: Scratch that. This is the first error I see. After I hit ok, another window pops up but closes too quickly for me to read or screenshot it.

Thank you for checking, there is another way we can get additional information. Cold you try the following:

1. Open a terminal window from Launchpad
  2. Start Rhino using this command: “/Applications/Rhinoceros.app/Contents/MacOS/Rhinoceros -RhinoLog”
  3. Close the error dialog you get when starting Rhino and run the Console application from Launchpad
  4. Navigate to ~/Library/Logs/Rhinoceros in the control on the left
  5. Click on the Rhinoceros.log item and choose “Reveal in Finder” and upload to this post or select “Mail” and send it to johnm@mcneel.com . This log file should help us diagnose this problem.

Thank you for your help figuring this problem out.

Thank you for sending the log file, I was able to find the exception report and am in the process of tracking down the problem.

Thanks!

Hello,

I made some changes to the code that is generating the error and it will be available in the build that goes out this afternoon, please let me know if you continue to have problems. If you do it would be helpful to generate a new log so I can take a look, I added some additional logging information that should help.

I’m still having problems :confused: I get the same error message as before. I’ll send over the log.

Hello,

I’m studying the log and was able to get enough information to see what is causing the failure but am trying to figure out why. Can you tell me what kind of Mac you are running on and what your operating system is? You can get this information by clicking the the Apple icon and then on “About this Mac”

Would it be possible to get a screen capture of your “About This Mac” dialog? Press Command (⌘)-Shift-4, press the Space bar, move the camera pointer over the window to highlight it, and then click. This should put a bitmap on your desktop.

[image: Inline image 1]

Thank you, that helps. I made some changes based on your last log file that I’m confident will fix this problem.

I sent you a private message with a link to a build of the day which should fix this problem.

There should be a public build available today which includes my updates, please download it and give it a try when it becomes available and let me know if you are continuing to have problems.

The new build works! Thanks so much.

That is great, thanks for your patience and assistance in resolving this error.