Layout, capabilities and workflow

I’m really liking layout in rhino for mac, but it’s new to me, and I’m stumbling around in the dark with it to be honest. I have seen a tutorial online but it’s a windows based one, would it be possible for an online tutorial based on Layouts in Rhino for Mac ? cheers

could anyone point me in the right direction for a tutorial for Layouts in Rhino for Mac ?

Hello! I’m not sure we have something completed yet, but we should! The layout functionally was the major addition to the 5.2 release of Rhino for Mac and there might still be a few things that change. What I suggest in the meantime is to ask us here and we’ll do our best to help you. It will also help us know where are the pain points in the workflow so that we can make it better in the future.

1 Like

@fraguada thanks for the reply, i keep seeing a few posts on the forum regarding the new layout feature and some of the newer commands for Rhino for Mac, some form of document or tutorial really would be helpful, especially for relatively inexperienced users such as myself, I am always up for learning and putting the time and effort in, but learning to use the new layout feature really has felt like stumbling around in the dark.

Hi Milezee,
Here is a video that will introduce you to the Layout feature in Rhino for Mac 5.2 or later.

I still have annotations and highlights to add to the video, and I plan to break it into smaller videos over the next few weeks. But I think it will help even in the current “preliminary” state.

I used the Hammer that is on page 184 in the Rhino Level 1 Training materials. It is configured at a scale of 1=1 on the layout. This will change if you set up a layout for larger model like a building. Instead of 1 for the detail scale, you may use 12, 24, 48, 50, 96… or other.

I plan to do an Architectural, imperial and metric examples soon.
Hope this sheds some light on the layout feature in Rhino for Mac.
Please post any questions or suggestions.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier
McNeel Technical Support and Training

4 Likes

@mary yayy, thanks Mary, this will definitely push me in the right direction, and I will look out for further instalments, many thanks, Miles :smile:

Awesome @mary! Thanks!

Thanks @mary!