Laptop-Surface book running rhino

windows
rhino
laptop

(Ufuk Bircan Özkan) #21

I have a Surface Book, i7 16GB version.
I have to choose on board Intel card for Rhino (both 5 and 6) from GeForce Control Panel, because viewport does not even move in rendered display with GeForce card.
I can only benefit GeForce card while using V-Ray GPU render in Rhino 5.
I talked to NVidia support, and they said “We have nothing to do, talk with McNeel and Microsoft support teams”.
I talked to McNeel support, and they said “We have nothing to do, talk with NVidia and Microsoft support teams”.
I talked to Microsoft support, and they said “We have nothing to do, talk with McNeel and NVidia support teams”.

(John Brock) #23

I have a hard time believing that. We don’t operate that way.
Whom did you speak to and when?

Just about 4 weeks ago, One of our display developers ran this to ground and figured this out.

This is a Windows problem and what you’re seeing in Rhino is the symptom.

That aside, we think we know how to fix it:

Please give that a go and let us know what you find.
Your experience may help us tune up the document.

(Gustavo Fontana) #24

Also have a hard time believing the Microsoft Surface support team would ignore you. They have the best support team I’ve ever experienced. And I owned Macs when Apple had great support.

Maybe your reseller or your internal IT team are the ones giving you the shaft?

(Gustavo Fontana) #25
  • Best support for a ‘hardware company’. They are no Papa John.

(Ufuk Bircan Özkan) #26

It was 2 years ago, when I first get my Surface Book. I searched my mailbox but I couldn’t find any records of my chat log. Of course, these were not the real sentences support teams had said to me, but as far as I remember NVidia support team was the one who tried to help me a lot, trying to uninstall and install different versions of drivers in specific ways to test the issue.

(Unjagava) #27

Thank for the fix!! Works really well. No more issues!
I’m running Rhino on Surface book2

(Denny) #28

what do you think of this https://www.dell.com/en-us/member/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15-2-in-1/spd/xps-15-9575-2-in-1-laptop/dncwlf416sv2?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjIxNTUuOTksIklVUHJpY2UiOjIxNTUuOTksIk9DIjoiZG5jd2xmNDE2c3YyIiwiUXR5IjoxLCJQclN0IjoiIiwiTW9kcyI6W3siSWQiOjU3MiwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiJGRzAwMTUifV19LHsiSWQiOjM4MCwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiJHNjBSOU9KIn1dfSx7IklkIjo3NjAsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiR1BNRjQ2TiJ9XX0seyJJZCI6Njc2LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IkdUOUM4MkkifV19LHsiSWQiOjgsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiR0xPODkxSCJ9XX1dfQ%3D%3D

Hmmm not sure…
Reason being I’ve never used Radeon vega before…
I’d also like to know how it is…

anyone
in mcneel ever used this?