Lands Design Release Candidate is now available for download .
This new release could be the last free release before the commercial version. It adds some really cool features, like Grasshopper Components which let you create plants, terrains and any other Lands object from within Grasshopper. Here are the main new features it includes:
- Grasshopper components.
- Improved performance.
- Zoning from Terrain divisions
- New list of Terrain volumes and areas
- Rhino materials can now be assigned to Terrain divisions, as well as materials from any renderer
- Urban Furniture 2D block can now be automatically generated from the 3D block
- Better fit of Fence components
- New commands to extract/reverse curves from Lands objects
- Lands objects control points are automatically enabled when selecting them
- Compatible with VisualARQ 2.6
- Rhino 5 is no longer supported, since it won’t be in final release
There have also been great changes in the internal data: Lands core has been completely rewritten in order to 1) improve performance, 2) make Gh components implementation easier. This has required to change the format in which data is written into the 3dm. Thus, files created with previous versions will at open be converted to the current data format. About all this changes you should notice nothing but better speed, but if you experiment any problem opening old files please let us know.
Thanks for using Lands, enjoy it!