Keep dimension styles for future projects

Is there a better way to store and import dimension styles other than opening a previous model and copy and paste into new document?

Some times I need US & metric and sometimes I need larger dimensions,

Instead of creating a new style each time.

Just curious … Randy

I think the best way to do this would be to open a new empty file and make the custom styles you need. Then ‘save as template’ from the File menu. You can then use ‘new from template’ when starting any new file and your custom dimension styles will be present.

Does that work?

Thanks Brian, that is what I am doing right now.

I haven’t used templates for so long on Mac, just realized they actually stated there with each new WIP.

Best Regards,
Randy

I dug a little deeper here and found that Match and Import of dimension styles is available in PC Rhino. I filed this for inclusion in Mac Rhino as well…
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-923

1 Like

Looks like Import dimension styles shows up in the drafting tool flyout but is still not implemented, including the current WIP. Any timeline on this?

ImportDimStyles should work in the latest RhinoWIP to import Dimension styles from another 3dm file. You can also find this in the File > Settings > Dimensions dialog, in the little gear drop-down menu…

Please give this a try and let us know if this works as expected.

Thanks @dan I will check it out tomorrow.