Karamba - What to put in ForceDirs?

What to put in ForceDirs to get the stresslines? And yes I have a license of Karamba.
Is this the right place to ask questions about Karamba?
I cannot find any example that explains me what to input ForceDirs with, all examples I found are old.

It is not that I am just asking and not studying Karamba, it is just because I really do not know, still.

1. Input parameter ForceDirs failed to collect data

catcouch.gh (128.4 KB)

Anyone Karamba user?

I am not waiting, I am trying to find what to do.
But, any help of a Karamba user woud be cool.

Hi @ForestOwl
you need to simply input a vector in the ForceDirs plug. If you hover over the plug a hint appears as to what type of data it accepts. Also more information can be found on page 100 of the Manual found on our website.

yes I hovered over the plug

what kind of vector, how do I make them work?
I mean, I put everything in it and the component becomes red…

what am I doing wrong?
of course I hovered over the component

The manual for Karamba 1.2.2?
yes I read that

I do not mean to be rude, but I think I am really missing something

you need to first run the analysis to be able to visualise any results on the shell.

Please see the definition: catcouch_mt.gh (102.2 KB)

the manual for 1.3.1 can be found here.

1 Like

:partying_face:

How does people get the mesh thickness correct with Karamba?

I am doing something wrong with weaverbird, I tried to offset it, but it looks like :sob:

Does Karamba has mesh thickening component for that? I cannot find it.

20190228 problem catcouch 00.gh (109.0 KB)

If you select Cross Section in the Render Settings of the Shell View component you will see three meshes - the axis mesh and the outer faces of the mesh.

Thank you for your fast response. I really appreciate that. :smiley:

I did that, but I get a yellow banana. Do I miss something? Three meshes? I am doing something wrong.

When I turn the deformation off, it is on some places very thin and in some places very bumpy. Why is that? What am I doing wrong?

I have this issue too.

How can I make the mesh ‘thicker?’

I am not sure what you mean by the yellow banana. If you turn off deformation you will see the original mesh with the two outer meshes which have a “thickness”. The varying thickness is a result of the cross section optimization. You can increase the domain of the shell thicknesses by tweaking the domain that you defined as the cross section dimension. The orange output simply says that the structure is currently overutilised with the current setup. You can look into increasing the shell thickness or the material properties.