Karamba for Rhino for Mac?

Hallo @karamba3d,

Are there currently any plans to port Karamba to Rhino for Mac?

4 Likes

Hi, Karamba is currently being developed for Mac but there is no expected release date as of yet.

6 Likes

waiting for a mac version of Karamba!!! can you indicate a period of release??

4 Likes

Hi Megha Meelu,
I am sorry, it is really hard to tell.
At the moment there is no one in the team who is a dedicated Mac user. When a colleague of mine did tests for the Mac version some time ago, programming the installer was the big problem. I hope that there will be a Mac version with the next Karamba3D release.
Best,
Clemens

5 Likes

Hey Clemens,

are there any updates for the Mac version? Maybe a beta coming soon? Would be very happy to test some early beta :sunglasses:
Cheers,

Rudi

1 Like

Hello @rudolf.neumerkel,
I hope there will be a Mac-version in the next few months. It depends on how fast the work on the new features for the next release progresses.
Best,
Clemens

2 Likes

Sounds great!!! I wish you some good progress then!

Greetings,
Rudi

1 Like

Hi @karamba3d - that’s great news - do you have any updates re: progress on the Mac version?

2 Likes

Hi, we are on it but there are is still no confirmation of an expected release date as of yet.

2 Likes

Hi @karamba3d. Is there an update with the progress of Karamba for Mac ? As am looking to buy Rhino and Karamba for my mac and would like to avoid using bootcamp/ Virtual desktop

Thanks

Tom

1 Like

They’ve probably finally thrown the towel, now that Apple is moving to ARM. :wink:

One important thing to consider when buying a PC is its compatibility with the software you are going to use. That’s easier than asking developers to port an entire software to another platform/operating system.

It is well known that most GH plug-ins are not compatible with Mac. Even more, Rhino itself works better on Windows.

Instead of annoying the developers why not make smarter choices?

Or better, just install Windows on your Mac.

@karamba3d, hope you are doing well!
Are there any updates regarding Karamba for Mac? As you mentioned, that it will be released with the new version (I guess 2.0?) - can you already share what features will be released in this version?

Much success,
Rudi

Hi @rudolf.neumerkel,

it is still on the list of Todos and will most likely be released with or after the next version (2.0.0).

You can keep updated with the WIP version on our Github page where you can also post requests and bugs too.

1 Like

freakin awesome! :heart_eyes:

Thanks a lot, I will check it out.

All the best and have some great work!

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, eh? :smiley:

2 Likes

Are there any new developments on this front?

Have a great day!
Cheers,
Rudi

u: @karamba3d :heart:

On that note, maybe as an intermediary solution: I am moving between Windows and Mac and I wonder if it is possible to have Karamba components available (or just visible) on Mac. I don’t need the ability to solve, but it would be great to open and work on the files on Mac.

Might there be a hack or a workaround to do this?

Hi,
Isn’t it available for download on Mac yet?
Thanks!

AFAIK, Karamba3D is not yet released for Mac. At least I could not find it with the PackageManager. It should be available “soon”… (whatever soon means)

Karamba developers, lets gooo! :100: