Karamba 2.2.0 12 in Rhino 7 SR8

Hi everyone,
I installed Karamba 2.2.0 12 in Rhino 7 SR8, but when I open GH, it complains that:

I can’t upgrade Rhino since it is on a University laptop. Is there a way to downgrade Karamba 2.2.0 12? Or alternatively, a K220 build that was built to SR8?
Thanks in advance, Eduardo

PS: Shout out to the good people at @karamba3d :smiley:

Hello Eduardo,
you can download older versions of Karamba3D from here: Releases · karamba3d/K3D_NightlyBuilds · GitHub.
– Clemens

Thank you Clemens.
I would gladly try them all out if it was my laptop. But because it is a University laptop, every time I want to install a different version I need to ask someone from the IT department to do it.
Is it possible to know against which Grasshopper / Rhino SDK version was each Karamba version in GitHub NightlyBuilds built against? Is this information visible on GitHub, or in the code itself?
Thanks again, Eduardo

Hi Eduardo -

If that is the case anyway, the better alternative surely is to get Rhino updated to the current SR 17 version?
-wim
-wim

Hi Wim,
Easier said than done, IT said they can’t update Rhino for continuity reasons (whatever that means…)

However, I just thought of this method (thanks Wim?): I found out when SR8 and 9 were launched here (Rhino 7 Service Release Available - #12 by brian) and tried the Karamba 2.0.0 version released between them from the Nightly Builds (link in @cp1’s reply).

And it worked. Not sure if this is useful for anyone else, since this seems like a dumb problem to have, but here it is anyway!
Best, Eduardo