Issues with displacement results when using RC cross section for shell

Hello! I am modelling a RC deep beam with Karamba, and i’m having some issues with the analysis results when modelling the shell with the Shell RC Std Const cross section.

My problem is that there is no difference in displacement whether I use concrete (Shell Const) or reinforced concrete (Shell RC Std Const) in the cross section.

I have noticed that the displacement does differ if I do not plug in a concrete material into the Shell RC Std Const cross section, and compare the results with using a Shell Const cross section with the concrete class C30/37. C30/37 is the concrete class that is used in the Shell RC Std Const cross section if nothing is plugged in. But, even if there is a difference in displacement in this case, the results are still confounding me since there is a larger displacement for the RC cross section than for the concrete cross section.

So, my question is: why can I not see a difference in displacement if I plug any concrete material into the Shell RC Std Const cross section, compared to only applying said concrete material to a Shell Const cross section?

I will attach four images that show a simplified version of my Karamba-model, just to make the visualisation easier. The two images with a yellow background show the displacements when using Shell const and Shell RC Std Const cross section respectively, with no material plugged into the Shell RC Std Const cross section. The other two images show the displacements when using Shell const and Shell RC Std Const cross section respectively, with the concrete material plugged into both the Shell RC Std Const cross section and the Shell Const cross section.

Thank you for your attention, and thank you for you help in advance!

Dear @Ellen_Wernström,
the definition of reinforcement layers in Karamba3D does not influence the shell element’s stiffness (see manual) and thus the structure’s deformation.
The definition of the reinforcement layers is used for calculating the necessary reinforcement areas based on linear elastic cross section forces and the assumption of a cracked cross section.
In case of a linear elastic cross section without cracks the contribution of the reinforcement to the cross section stiffness is usually small an can be neglected.
– Clemens