Issues identifying corners with knot-shattered polyline

Hello! Long time Grasshopper user, first time question-poster :slight_smile:

I’m developing a handrail definition using polyline’s with control points to assign the location of any breakups, posts etc. right now it only runs for one polyline, I would like it to run over multiple so I am investigating them as tree branches - base geometry example is as per the following image…

I need to distinguish the right angle corners from the straight lines, so my strategy has been to shatter the polyline at the knot points and use distances from the corner points to identify the closest crv’s and dispatch them as corners. Although the first polyline works perfectly finding the corners, the second in the set only finds the first and i can’t figure out why, shown with blue crosses are the corners it’s not finding.

I’ve had a look through the forums but have not found anything dealing with quite the same sort of problem - If I’ve gone about it the wrong way conceptually or just made a basic error, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

P

200911.gh (10.9 KB)

Is this what you are after?

200911_re.gh (9.7 KB)

1 Like

HS_Kim

Yes, thankyou! Seems to be working great with 2 or more curves, I wasn’t aware of that “pull point” component, guess i’ll use it instead of “crv closest point” in the future

Thanks again :slight_smile:

P