And this is where I see the main problem with V8. It was delivered even though fundamental work is still being carried out on the user interface. Even the distributor says that I should wait with the update of our workstations until the UI is finally finished, otherwise there will be a lot of stress and double work.
That’s why V8 feels like a WIP version, it’s unfinished.
Pls run _Systeminfo in Rhino and post back the results.
If you encounter problems or bugs please report them. Preferably with a sample file that illustrates the bug and steps to reproduce. More info about that here.
hi thx …here is the result :Rhino 8 SR20 2025-6-6 (Rhino 8, 8.20.25157.13002, Git hash:master @ 73b00899cf43922900a763212f167c03dc6f27cc)
License type: Educational, version 2025-06-06
License details: Stand-Alone
Apple macOS Version 13.6.5 (assemblage 22G621) (Physical RAM: 16GB)
Mac Model Identifier: Mac14,9
Language: fr-FR (MacOS default)
.NET 8.0.14
Metal GPU Family Apple 7
Metal GPU Family Common 3
Metal GPU Family Mac 2
Graphics processors
Apple M2 Pro
Color LCD (1512 x 982 @ 120.00Hz)
PL2770H (1920 x 1080 @ 120.00Hz)
GPU Vendor: Apple
Any particular reason you haven’t updated your operating system? The last venture update was 13.7.6 and your computer is compatible with the latest OS 15 Sequoia. Apple driver updates are via their OS so typically being on the latest is recommended.
Hi…thx for your attention…the list of bugs will be too long to establish and document.. it s a work in itself ! sorry don’t have time now …so I switched back to 7 for now. I will try the next update…
Wish you a very nice day.
Ok some of the main …lot’s of pain working with multiple screens (main window vanish randomly as I use shortcuts)
Multiple instances of an object or line on top of each other when I’m doing array (polar or linear)
Basic rendering became pinkish …
You do know how reporting a bug works?
Yours is a rant (and it may very well be a legitimate rant, I don’t know) not a bug report.
How do you think your information is going to help McNeel to identify the problem, let alone solve it?
some people just dont have the time to create lengthy bug reports that try to outline repeatable steps for bugs one cant even put into words at times. i had that many times myself specifically in the beginning. lets not try to make people that are already frustrated look bad additionally. we definitely can agree that rhino8 carved quite some bone out of the users, even more so for the mac users in all regards.
telling someone they stepped on your foot makes it worse for whom? besides that i see some definitiv points quoted above, also users are nor responsible to keep the pay check of the developers low.
I don’t have any idea what you’re trying to tell me.
My point was that not at least roughly specifying the problem will not increase the probability of it being resolved.
You seem to see this in a different way. Good for you.
i dont, and even that does not make it any good(er) and that does not resolve the other side of this story which you entirely and cynically enjoy to ignore becoming an utter mcneel fanboy not only condoning the abusive and abrasive habit to flame frustrated users that dont have the nerve and time to spend a life time informing the developers how successfully they failed and still fail with v8 but even engage in it.
Woah, now you’re losing it completely.
This whole word salad doesn’t have anything to do with anything I wrote.
I hope you will at least agree that this is not a fruitful conversation and there is no reason to take this further.
You can book this a win, if it makes you feel better.