Is it a helix or a trihedron?

i think, if you are trying to solve something on a deeper basis, going by pure coincidence is not a good joice. then constructing each vertex point accordingly is rather what you should do.

also, maybe you would have to consider using grasshopper (rhino amendment), if you have a mathematical formular it might render your curve more accurate,

Predictive inputs yielding consistent, symmetrical results are causally connected. Consistent results with clearly evident ratios involved are much more than coincidence…

coincidence | kəʊˈɪnsɪd(ə)ns | noun * a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection: it was a coincidence that she was wearing a jersey like Laura’s | [mass noun ] : they met by coincidence .

[oops… edit 24 minutes later…]
No doubt Grasshopper and programming are very promising, and when I can better grasp the interface language more visually, I will give it a try.

I don’t have coded mathematical formulae, but rather the objective fragments of physical evidence which are boosted by products churned out of WYSIWYG software tools, but the tool is embedded in a very old software app, and not as universally available code. Funny thing is that few helical discussions exist anywhere, so I hope I am not transgressing to discourse here. ¯_( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)_/¯

To be fair, I just now looked up:
grasshopper+helical+facet

I have searched sets of key words, periodically, and for many years.

Nothing demonstrating facetted generation of helices, in Rhino specifically, came up on google/images. I did find this book which looks great for someone who is looking for leads to start a productive career, and to begin from scratch, (like a youth). “Essential Algorithms and Data Structures for Computational Design in Grasshopper”.

These particular buttons provoked interest
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.26.14 PM
The built in, follow along guide, inside grasshopper looks intriguing and clever, but I hold off until I can find a direct see-and-do helical manipulation with a facetted output, perhaps something like a helix toolbox…
However clicking spiral did this:
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.27.42 PM

My analogy: I’ve worked physical construction my whole life and renting my first excavator was great, even without specific, prior training. Within an hour I was working very productively, because I had no time to go and look for training.

I have generally been self taught without formal education, (except for a technological correspondence course in 1975, using snail mail).

Same with buying my first 386 PC in 1992. I had no idea what to do with the black screen and a C prompt, until agonizing through the manual it said something about typing “win”. Presto, Windows 3.1 came up, to point and click things.

That will be my start with Grasshopper, pointing, clicking, typing helix and facet…

in german coincidence means zufall which translates back to, something which has fallen towards you, actually leaving it open to interpret whether the outcome was as one now would describe inexplicably connected or something which in some sense was actually meant for you. but also the english term deriving from the latin word coincidere which actually means that it matches, the exact opposite of what we use this word for now. one could assume that there is so much confusion because nobody exactly knows what it means, leading down many paths of religion and philosophy while both meanings are equally coincident and inexplicable, living very very little room for difference if at all.

i like that approach, it is very visual, i honestly indulge myself in the same technique, without much of a mathematical background. i am skipping through your homepage a bit, old memories are surfacing, might be coincidence :slight_smile: