Installation problems

good morning,
I’m Antonella, I tried to install the program, but I can’t. I attach the photo of the problem.

thanks for the help

You are attempting an offline installation? At which step did it fail?

Yes. I also tried an offline installation but I always have the same error

Are you wanting to do an offline installation, or are you trying that because the normal installation procedure failed?

We need to know at what point it failed and any error messages you got, otherwise it’s difficult to help.

I tried offline installation because normal installation procedure failed.
the error is: “Rhino installation failed to download the required packages from the Internet.”

There appears to be one other occurrence of this problem reported here:

I assume you are trying to download the evaluation version… Are you able to download the normal version from here?

https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-windows/7/latest

I believe the problem is related to Rhino 7 Offline Deployment Problems

I tried with this link, but there is always the same problem :frowning:

I thought that the person was not really wanting to install offline… Normal installations should not be affected, no?

I want to run a normal installation, but not working, I tried with the offline installation, but neither one works

I believe this would affect both new online and offline installations as it has to do with a Microsoft change in the file certificate process used during download.

@brian ?

If it affected all online installs, I think we would have had a rash of complaints here…

I think it may affect online installs on computers that don’t already have .NET 4.8 installed. The workaround in that case is to install .NET 4.8 first.

Hello all,

Any solution for this? I’m now unable to install the latest update via online or offline modes and I have .NET 4.8 installed and a previous version of Rhino7 still installed and functioning. I did originally have an issue installing the first Rhino7 upgrade from v6 using offline mode until I switched to online mode, but I receive the same error as Antonella in both modes now.

From the last portion of Rhino’s installError.log (with some IDs removed here):
Property(S): OriginalDatabase = C:\ProgramData\Package Cache{removed}v7.3.21039.11201\rhino.msi
Property(S): UILevel = 2
Property(S): ACTION = INSTALL
Property(S): MsiUISourceResOnly = 1
Property(S): RHINO_70_INSTALLED = 0
Property(S): RHINO_50_X86_INSTALLED = 0
Property(S): RHINO_50_X64_INSTALLED = 0
Property(S): RMA_COMPAREVERSIONS_RESULT = 1
Property(S): ROOTDRIVE = G:
Property(S): CostingComplete = 1
Property(S): OutOfDiskSpace = 0
Property(S): OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 0
Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable = 0
Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired = 0
Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining = 0
Property(S): INSTALLLEVEL = 1
Property(S): SOURCEDIR = C:\ProgramData\Package Cache{removed}v7.3.21039.11201
Property(S): SourcedirProduct = {removed}
Property(S): ProductToBeRegistered = 1
MSI (s) (10:14) [19:09:17:308]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (s) (10:14) [19:09:17:308]: Product: Rhino 7 – Installation failed.

MSI’s Note 1: 1708 is a general ‘installation operation failed’.

Thank you,
Robert

@brian - any idea on this one?

-Pascal

I just managed a successful install. The Rhino installer is having trouble installing the VC++ Redistributable (perhaps the file doesn’t exist in the install package?) I don’t see a permissions issue and I had tried installation as an administrator. I only see VC2005_redist_x64, 2010, 2013, and 2015 in Rhino’s “redist” folder. 2005, 2010, and 2013 have fresh install dates while 2015 is dated 2/14/2021 – perhaps a clue.

For anyone else having this issue, you can remedy it by manually downloading and installing the latest 2015-2019 VC++ redistributable using the applicable download link found under the heading “Visual Studio …, 2015, 2019, …” from within this webpage:

If you aren’t sure about your operating system type, it can be found on your computer here: Control Panel → System → “System Type”

Download and install the file, then reattempt to install Rhino using its installer.

Kind regards,
Robert

1 Like

Hi Robert - thanks for the update.

-Pascal

No problem and thanks for the response. Hope you find the source of the trouble.

Robert