Inset command giving unexpected result on Rhino 8 Tutorial

I am going through the tutorial Getting started Rhino 8 for Mac - usb charger and I am getting an unexpected result from the INSET command. At 16:15 the instruction is to use the inset command on a curved face to then ultimately create a push/pull cut between an edge that has just been filleted and the top surface.

When I do the inset command the resulting curve matches the surfaces edge until it doesn’t, and makes two corners and a straight line. In the screenshot below you can see the left hand side has a flat line while the right hand side has the matching and continued curve.

I have tried exploding the part, and rebuilding the surface, and I get the same result. Any thoughts on where I am going wrong? Perhaps some earlier mistake? Its a pretty straightforward part though and being a novice, im not sure how to troubleshoot or resolve with other means.

Okay, I think my error was probably around 8:58 when I did BlendSrf. I wonder if perhaps my line between the two parts was not snapped to the midpoint properly. I do see now that my blended surface curves are slightly irregular as in the photos below (though they don’t have a corner and a flat line like insert is producing)