Infill for 3D print

I have drawn some geometries in Grasshopper and made them into gcode for 3D print using the contour compontent. They are printing well but I would like to create an inner contours wall that joins to the outer contours (similar to the one shown in the last image) for greater stability.

Can anyone help me? I can’t seem to find an online tutorial anywhere :(!

infill.gh (9.3 MB)

!
sf|231x500

Do you mean something like this: Bullseye2? If so post your GH file and I’ll show you how to do it.

Hi Birk,

Thank you for your reply - it would be like the file you posted but with an interior support ring (see attached image.
My gh file is attached to the original post.

Thank you!

Suzi

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 09.51.35.png

You already have the cylinder - just offset the lower naked edge and create those spans by linking points on both edge and offset curve. Extrude and let the contour component do the rest.

quick and dirty, adjust as you want

I’ve only used a regular FDM printer so I’m not sure how much differently you need to make things for a clay printer, but this is what I’d do for your geometry:

I don’t know if you need the radial parts separating the inner surface from the outer one… If you do that’s a more complicated problem, and in that case rgr’s approach might be more appropriate for you.
infill-bb1.gh (9.3 MB)

Thank you Birk :slight_smile:

Thank you RGR :slight_smile: