Industrial design

Each rendering engine has its pros and cons. Yes, the user is most important.

2 Likes

“Flat” imagen in V-ray is just because of lighting and shaders settings and vray options.
This images were created with V-ray Next for Rhino and rendered with Irradiance Map + Light Cache

5 Likes

Anyway, awesome images using Bella, really awesome. I’ll need to try again it, i did some time ago but after 10 years using V-ray for Rhino it’s a huge interface change…

1 Like

Thank you. As a product designer, I focus primarily on the product. Rendering is secondary for me at the moment. It was a surprise to me how little adjustment is enough to get a relatively good result. I also use V-ray (it has an excellent Rhino plugin), but I’m thinking of switching to Bella render for the final rendering.

Otherwise, nice renders from V-ray. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing images aside, Bella is worth trying simply to support @jdhill and his tireless efforts. If you don’t know him, he’s an exceedingly nice dude, and has been a huge contributor to the Rhino community since way back in the early days of maxwell, and has likely done more to singlehandedly advance rendering in rhino than about anyone I can think of outside of our own dev team led (andy, nate, and crew).

at the very least give it a try-

10 Likes

I agree. A very active and enthusiastic person! What they have done with Bella in the last year, other rendering engines couldn’t do in 5 years.

5 Likes

Thank you. It was challenging to come up with a multifunctional teapot and find the right proportions of all the parts. Just the top juicer I modeled for a month! Each plastic part was created in dozens of designs. In the end, I think it worked. :slight_smile: And gentlemen, I have it patented! :smiley:

1 Like

Bought Bella just for old time sake, and of course when i need truly photorealistic renders/when time is no issue. Such good memories on the early years of MR and the great work of the plugin master. And memories indeed, have not used MR in years, had to switch to Vray for speed. Wonder where Vray got their lightmix option btw.

3 Likes

Every technology has its spring, summer, autumn and winter. I’m afraid Maxwell is snowed in. Young Bella is in her spring season. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And Vray? :thinking:
(always summer, i think).

1 Like

The last render of this project. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The teapot rendering and materials are perfect but I find the table a bit flat. You could try to implement some bump for imperfection and also try to play with the adjustments to give it a less intense tint/color because is competing directly with the orange/red of the main product and fruits. Also, try to avoid that kind of sharp shadows from the light in the top. That’s not happening very often in real scenes. It’s just a humble opinion. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you for your opinion. In the end, I made the table wooden and changed the design of the teapot a little (the strainer is now different). I agree that this HDRI map is too contrasty and the shadows are too dark. On the other hand, I want different renderings of industrial design than is fashionable today. I’m still learning how to render. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I must say that even with Vray the HDRI maps render better than the sun light. Known better contrasts and shadows.
The objects are well made and believable. Perhaps the orange is too reflective: there is an exaggerated highlight, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I personally like to use HDRI maps, here is an example of another render from an older project.

1 Like

Vray Sun + Sky or HDRi? :wink:

4 Likes

HDRi? :smiley:

Vray Sun! (anyway i do also mostly work with hdri)

This was a fast exercise just to show my students the possibilities of Vray Sun + Vray Sky

1 Like

V-ray is a really mature rendering engine. I like it, even though I’ve been discovering something newer for the past few months. I’m glad that Rhino users have a lot of render engines to choose from.

1 Like

This, for example, is a Vray sun. I think the light is quite realistic…:

This, however, an HDRI map:

3 Likes