Import SAP2000 model

Dear All,

Anyone know how to Rhino can import SAP2000 model. I see in menu File of Rhino can import SAP Structure data (s2k) file. But I can not see SAP model in Rhino?

Please check my file below!
K30X70.rar (9.4 KB)

Hello - you must have a plug-in that is adding SAP support - that is not in plain Rhino.

-Pascal

1 Like

Hi Pascal,
Thank you, did you know where is download this plug-in?

Hello - apparently you already have a plug-in that is adding SAP and Salamander to your imports - those are not in Rhino,You can see the plug-ins you have added in PluginManager filtering the view for ‘Plug-ins that do not ship with Rhino’.

-Pascal

1 Like

I’m sure that’s the option from Geometry Gym ggRhinoSAP2000.
But I’ve just tested and it seems that this aspect has been neglected.

I’ll look at improving this, if you send me a private message I’ll give you an update.

For the time being, I’d suggest exporting the model to IFC, and using ggRhinoIFC to import it in.

Cheers,

Jon

1 Like

Hi John & Pascal
Thank you I will try with IFC file. I just found Konstru it can upload SAP2000 model and get Model into Rhino

Hola, veo que su pregunta viene de agosto de 2020 y yo me conecté ayer en este foro y me gustaría saber si has podido conectar directa a sap2000,…En SAP2000 voy bien pero acabo de conocer que se puede parametrizar desde grasshopper y sería increíble saber cómo…

Saludos,

Chema