I would like to arrange the end points on the plane

I would like to place a waffle structure created using orientation on a 2D plane.
I’ve created an end point and I’ve put the component together to place it on the line, but the end point is randomly made, not on the plane.
Is there any way to solve this?
I am sorry for my poor English.

parasol.3dm (3.6 MB)
parasol.gh (32.5 KB)

like this?

parasol 2.gh (39.5 KB)

2 Likes

DUPLICATE THREAD!!

:frowning: Wasted my time again.

5 Likes

you did a great job @Joseph_Oster ! :heart_eyes: It’s unfortunate op didn’t recognize the massive value of your effort. but, i think you enjoyed it and learned a few things along the way, so it’s not all lost :wink:

2 Likes

Yes it is, thanks. Most of the work had nothing to do with OpenNest. The section curves are all laid out (in green below). Took only a few minutes to write the “alternative to OpenNest(purple group), which is crude but could be improved.

waffle structure_2024Mar28a.gh (29.3 KB)

Language barrier indeed. I would think GH code would overcome that but I guess not.

NOTE: Uses Rhino file from the original thread.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to waste your time.

The script you told me last time was perfect.

However, I wanted to make it without using OpenNest, and the script you made worked so well that I wanted to make it myself, so I asked you again.

I would be very grateful if you could answer me again next time.

That’s right. That’s exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

You missed important details. If you have questions, ask in the original thread instead of duplicate.

It was my first time asking the forum, so I was not good at it.
Next time, I will ask questions carefully.
Thank you so much for your kind reply.

This is a variant of the “alternative to OpenNest(purple and gray groups). Better?
Geometry is internalized, no need for Rhino file.

waffle structure_2024Mar29a.gh (220.7 KB)